Will Robots Take Our Jobs?

(Dimitar Rozalinov Raykov) #1

Hi all. First of all thank you @andrewchen for the invitation. This is my first post here I hope that I am not breaking any rules right now.

Last Wednesday I and a friend of mine launched this little fun side-project that called willrobotstakemyjob.com

The sites got a lot more attention than we expected, got over 5M page views so far!
We’re not quite sure what to do now. We did the “quick” project to have a chance to work together before we did something bigger, but it doesn’t get much bigger than this!

I would love to hear your thoughts on it and also maybe you can help me with ideas about how to monetize it for example.

Actually, do you think we need to monetize (and invest more time in it) or just let it go and enjoy the ride till it’s over? :slight_smile:

(Ramesh Jayavaram) #2

That is a very interesting site. It can/will scare those people whose jobs are more than 75% chance of being robotized. I think one way of monetizing it is by being a marketplace for career growth opportunities.

E.g. If an accountant checks the result (98% chance of jobs being robotized), s/he will surely be panicked. But after showing the result, if you show them how to avoid loosing her job to a robot - by getting more education or acquiring different set of skills and who can help her to achieve these new goals in her city/country/online. Career consultants, part-time university programs, online programs, etc might be your potential partners.

Hope this helps.