Our Growth and Strategy team is expanding at Salesforce. Check out the description below and feel free to reach out if interested (email@example.com).
Department Overview - Product Data Science
The Product Data Science (PDS) team is made up of data scientists, engineers, and growth analysts who are dedicated to driving product strategy with data-driven insights. The PDS team works with executives, product managers, designers, developers, user researchers, marketers, and sales team members across all Cloud businesses to discover new opportunities for growth and optimization, experiment with data, drive adoption, and provide actionable insights that impact product strategy. This role will report to the Senior Director of Strategy and Growth of the Product Data Science team.
The Senior Growth Analyst’s main objectives are:
- Deliver prescriptive insights to our product execs that guide and optimize product strategy.
- Provide actionable insights to accelerate adoption and revenue growth across product, marketing, sales, and customer success teams.
- Collaborate on PDS team initiatives to create the future of data science products that will drive the product roadmap for our customers.
- Lead from the front in our data-driven culture.
PDS Growth Analysts are trusted, strategic partners to our Cloud execs and product teams. This is a hybrid role that requires a deep understanding of Salesforce Cloud businesses, the data-mining skills to unlock information, the curiosity and analytical skills to package the right information into insights, and the advanced communication skills to comfortably present actionable findings to large groups (with high-visibility to the top leaders at Salesforce).
- Partner with product leaders to create product direction, roadmaps, key metrics, and growth goals.
- Acquire, clean, and structure data from multiple sources including applog data from Hadoop, dimensional from Oracle databases, Salesforce objects, and external data sources.
- Deliver easily-consumable presentations to large groups of stakeholders and executives that showcase actionable insights and recommendations to help drive product strategy.
- Create KPIs based on knowledge of the Salesforce business, growth drivers, and industry benchmarks.
- Build adoption, churn, growth reports, and dashboards to deliver self-service insights.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Economics, Business Management, Actuarial Sciences, Engineering, or a closely related discipline.
- MBA is a plus.
- Consulting experience (Top 5) is a plus.
- Strong data manipulation and database skills, e.g., deep experience with SQL, PIG to query Hadoop, Python or equivalent scripting language.
- R experience is a plus.
- BI software (Tableau, MicroStrategy, etc) experience is a plus.
- Comfort with statistical analyses, including multivariate linear regression and hypothesis testing; familiarity with machine learning classification algorithms is a plus.
- Strong communication and visualization skills; can easily create powerful visualizations that transform complex data into easily-consumable, actionable insights.
- Expert level experience with Excel and PowerPoint.
- Extremely proactive mindset; can anticipate questions, lead growth conversations with the product team, and automate answers to routine questions.
- Curious about features, products, and competitors.
- Detailed knowledge of latest trends in SaaS growth industry, including evaluating and testing new growth tools, techniques, and frameworks.
- Ability to work seamlessly with many different teams and personality types.
- Tenacious research mindset with a positive, friendly demeanor.
- Extremely detailed oriented and stickler for follow-up when deliverables are promised.
- Self-starter who is able to work effectively without excessive supervision.
- Hands-on on Salesforce knowledge of products and functionality a plus.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world’s #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” five years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for “family”) made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
EEO - It’s the law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Pay Transparency Policy Statement – The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or © consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Strategy and Growth Analytics at Salesforce
Location: San Francisco
Experience: mid-level; experienced